Tuesday, July 16, 2013

'Jaanam samjhaa karo....'

As I was driving to work this morning, this number from Asha Bhonsle's popular Indipop album, was heard on the FM and I knew that the day was gonna be good, nay fantastic. Wonder whether the pep in the music made me drive faster than my usual speed and no, I'd no traffic cop gunning for me. My man, Friday was surprised to see me sitting in my Chevy much after I'd brought it to a halt as I wanted to hear the number till its end!

And yes, the day turned out to be fine...

1. A wedding invite.

Bunty and Babli, our helps all through the long tenure that we'd at Delhi, had called up to inform us about their daughter, Deepika's, wedding that has been fixed for the 14th of February next year. The would-be-bridegroom is a tourist taxi driver from a reasonably, well off family. She's all of 19 yrs and has been indifferent to her studies, but has cleared her class XI and is currently going to class XII - she'd dropped two years in between, just like that!

They've four children in all - a boy, who's the eldest followed by three daughters - well behaved and smart. I'd told them that it was a bit too early for the young lady to get married but I suppose their eagerness to go through their parental responsibilities, as quickly as possible, has brought them to such a decision!

Made a note of the date in my diary and we intend attending the ceremony.

2.E Sreedharan honoured.

The Rotary International District 3201 of Ernakulam felicitated the metro-man by giving him the 'For the Sake of Honour' award. Though the name of the prize confused me thoroughly, I was personally glad because of the fact that the Rotary Governor, Dr. K Ajayakumar, happens to be a nice soul that I know - he's my classmate from school and we used to be in our school's cricket team.

Quite active in the medical profession, he's taken upon himself to initiate programmes to alleviate the problems of the not-so-lucky among us, during his Governorship. Way to go Ajay, here's us wishing you all the best in your endeavour!


Tailpiece.

There was this late night musical programme, 'Raag Rang' on one of the Malayalam television channels which paid rich tributes to the late Pran saheb. The programme had covered the numbers picturised on him in various Hindi movies and the last one was the delightful, 'Hum bolega tho bologe ki boltha hai....' from the Amitabh Bachchan-Hema Malini starrer, 'Kasauti'.

No comments:

Post a Comment