Tuesday, July 30, 2013

'Raag Rang'.

This evening's 'Raag Rang' programme on the Malayalam television channel, 'Indiavision', was a tribute to that evergreen actress and my favourite, Waheeda Rehman.

Among the numbers picturised on her that had figured, my all time favourite, 'Paan khao sainya hamaaro.....' from the Raj Kapoor - Waheeda Rehman starrer, 'Teesri Kasam' sung by the inimitable Asha Bhonsale, was aired. And my day was made. I was sure that the number, 'Chaudhavi ka chand......' would also be aired during the packed half an hour programme that's, thankfully, free of too many commercials and had waged a bet on that score with Lekha.

Sadly, I was wrong and did lose that bet!


Tailpiece.

1. Earlier, in the day, I'd spent some time with a classmate of mine who'd lost his mother. In her mid 80s, she'd been bedridden for the last four years and I was told that the last fortnight was sort of bad and she'd started sinking. Yesterday, as he was trying to feed her around 10, in the morning, her life had ebbed away. The funeral is gonna be delayed by a day as her daughter is expected from abroad in the wee hours of tomorrow morning.

2. RIP, amma! My humble prayers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment