Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another hectic day.

At home and waking up to the familiar sounds unique to the place brought in a tremendous feel good sense. It was my younger kid sister who'd lit the morning lamp instead of mom as she has been severely restricted in her locomotion, over the last couple of days.

I've been wondering as to what's happening to mom, because she's really looking weak and helpless. I've this sneaky feeling that she's sad at my younger sister, shifting berth to Bangalore. Both of them have a unique relationship, in that, they share a world of their own. In fact, the ladies of our house have had their own small world of joys and thrills - dad and me had always felt that we weren't ever welcome into that world! But we didn't mind it a wee bit, in fact, we used to enjoy their togetherness from far and felt proud.

.......Back to the present. We'd deliberately kept it short, the farewell that is. And we're off with mom to Kottayam - another destination for another ceremony. Enroute, we'd met Pidavoor amma who was as effervescent as ever and Bharathi chechi, who's recovering from a nasty fall with her right leg in a cast.

The drive was bumpy and absolutely, horrible. But we could overcome the negative factors and reach our destination around sunset time.


Tailpiece.

 And yes, I've managed a small dent on my Chevy's rear bumper while backing at a restricted space. When will I ever become a driver without blemish?


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment