Monday, August 26, 2013

They'd touched my heart.

It was a lovely day all the way. My official engagements went by clockwork precision with no glitches whatsoever. During this short visit, I'd come across a few people with whom I'd the privilege of interacting with and it was a great experience.

1. Chitra.

The ever smiling young lady at the gate of the hotel in which I was staying. Her job was to receive guests, open the massive glass doors(I never knew that girls were employed on such duties. Perhaps, she also had the dual charge of security!) and let them in. She'd a genuine smile, unlike the plastered ones that one gets to see quite often! A mother of two, she's been at this work for over five years.

Never lose your smile, Chitra. That, indeed, is your USP!

2. Ramesh.

A man in olive greens who's my 'saarthi' for the evening. Hailing from Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh where his family consisting of his mother, wife and two children stay. He's living alone out here in pursuit of his work and finds that the arrangement is perfect as his children has uninterrupted schooling in an English medium school, back home. Has been here for the last year and is grappling with a smattering of Tamil.

He's unaware of the route to Leela's place and after a single telephone call which he'd intently listened to, he'd navigated the distance without making a single error nor did he need to recheck about the veracity of his input.

Do not lose that focus, Ramesh because that's a great asset that you have!

3. Arvind.

The young and pleasant 21 year old is undergoing a course in music under Leela's tutelage. His disarming smile and the refreshing innocence writ large on his face and in his conversation endeared him to me.

Do not lose that innocence ever, Arvind. And I'm sure that that will help you to sail smoothly through life! And here's wishing that you get everything that you wish for.

4. Priyanka.

The confident young lady with a dazzling smile at the front desk of the hotel where I'm staying. She pronounces th of thirty as th in 'Pathak'. Due to financial difficulties at home and because of the untimely demise of her mother, she'd taken up this job soon after her class X. She's endeavouring to acquire a degree in Hotel Management! As a parting advice, I've asked her to work on her diction. No, I ain't ridiculing or belittling her, honest!

May you succeed in your efforts, Priyanka and never ever lose that genuineness of your smile.


Tailpiece.

Am I sounding condescending? I hope not. But the young men and women, mentioned above, have unique personalities and have touched a chord deep within me!

No comments:

Post a Comment