Sunday, August 25, 2013

At the Coromandel coast.

Back on the Coromandel coast on work. The drive to the airport and flying out of Kochi went off without any hitch. As the airbus 320 - fairly housefull, I must say - lost height to land and the ground features attained clarity, I could see the south quay 5 of the Madras port where I must have taken my ship alongside so many times during Operation Pawan in Sri Lanka.

But on landing, trouble came in unexpectedly thanks to a momentary breakdown in technology. Was made to wait at the arrival lounge because the conveyor belt providing the checked in baggage had gone faulty. And keeping in line with the typical Indian manner of tackling adversities/emergencies, there were no announcements as to what was happening and what to expect, no official of the airlines were anywhere in immediate sight and no apologies for the discomfort caused! We'd lost an hour trying to retrieve our baggage.

And on a personal note, my agony was compounded with my cellphone refusing to come alive. It took Bhagat, my 'saarthi', just a couple of minutes to press a few buttons of the instrument to get it going. I gave him a sheepish grin and thanked him for his help.

A few errands were run, had dumped my luggage in my room and went about meeting people and enjoyed every moment. And by the time I'd turned into bed, I found that I was dog tired even though it was never felt through the course of the evening as I went about doing my stuff.


Tailpiece.

Technology and me seem to be like the parallel lines of a railway track!     

No comments:

Post a Comment