Saturday, November 30, 2013

A quiet day!

It's indeed a quiet day in the real sense.

    - the newspaper boy was told of our requirements and he's promised to supply them from
      tomorrow. Probably, it makes his calculations easy as to morrow would be the first of a new
      month because he was unable to gimme a copy of the day's newspaper

    - the television/the cable guy would've been untraceable but for my neighbour's - he's all of 89 
      years, fit as a fiddle and keeps a hawk's eye on anything and everything that happens in our
      compound and last evening, he and his wife had given us company during the puja - persistence. 
      The cable television guy has promised to do the needful tomorrow.

    - the landline telephone is gonna take time but Sudhakaran, the guy responsible for the installation,
      has promised quick action. He'd taken great pains to trace the lines laid within the house because
      it's been about four years since the initial installation and there weren't any route diagrams!

So, imagine having none of the tools necessary for time pass, these days, except for my laptop! I must hasten to say that I did enjoy the situation and got reminded that I was in this world only because of the calls that kept coming on my cellphone.

The patriarch has been helpful and when I thank him, he retorts as to why I'm thanking him because he's enjoying doing things for us. The old lady was gracious enough to dispatch her maid to help Lekha with her chores and to clean up the house after what was left of the last evening's puja. I'm reminded of a saying so appropriate to the situation and I quote,

     "We don't meet people by accident. They're meant to cross our path for a reason".

And no, I didn't mean the small help provided by the couple but for their genuineness to help us because we're new out here!


Tailpiece.

It's also the sixth day of living out of our suitcases. Hopefully, Anoop and Savitha will help us to have our stuff out of the packing cases and lay them out in the shelves meant for the purpose by tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment