Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Li'l Paro's proprietorial behaviour.

I'd come down the stairs to the ground floor to go on my evening walk. And, all of a sudden, a little hand held mine and when I turned around, I noted that it was none other than my li'l Paro.

Holding my hand firmly, she wanted me to take her, by the lift, to her house on the 12th and top floor of our building. I'd no choice but to follow suit as per the little lady's directions and she pointed at a few red blotches, on her knees and elbows, obviously because of missing skin thanks to a fall on a rough surface. To my query as to who'd pushed her and caused the wounds, she very calmly said that it was due to her own fault and no one else was to blame. Her mom, exercising on the lawn, had sent her to her home to have the wounds cleaned by her brother - a class III student!

On reaching the house, she's in a bit of a dilemma - albeit, for a very, very short while - as to whether I should be sent away forthwith or whether I should be kept waiting so that she could accompany me downstairs, after the cleansing of her wounds. She waved at me, gave me a cute smile and walked into her house!

I must admit that I was quite pleased by her 'proprietorial' attitude towards me!!

*                             *                             *

After what seemed to be a long time, we could finally look up my friend's grandchild. The li'l boy was being lullabied to sleep by his mother when we'd reached their doorbell. And he then decided to give his sleep the go by and we'd held him in turns with him watching each one of us rather intently, through his wide bright eyes!

He's all of 40 days and would probably fly to his dad, currently in the US, doing a project!

*                              *                              *

And soon after, we'd gone to li'l Shanaya. I was able to make amends to my earlier faux pas with her. I carried her around to make up for my previous lapse of not having done so because I was sweaty after my exercises.

And she seemed to accept my proposition without any reservation, whatsoever!


Tailpiece.

I seem to be readily getting accepted by the little kids! Am I becoming their Pied Piper? 

No comments:

Post a Comment