Monday, November 25, 2013

Finally, at Guruvayur - lock, stock and barrel!

I'd driven to the naval hospital to give my blood for one last check up. My veins displayed their usual reluctance to show up but the young medical assistant was quite good, in that, he could draw the sample after a couple of minutes' efforts and no, I didn't even know as to when he'd plunged the needle into me.

We'd finally kicked off on our way to Guruvayur at a trifle past 12. Earlier, I'd a walk around of our house for the past couple of years and nine months - the mute witness to many happy occasions and wonderful moments. Though I've the permission to retain the flat for another three months, I somehow get the feeling that it's no more mine.

The drive was nice and we'd reached our house by teatime where the draper and his team were putting in the pelmets and they'd hung a set of curtains to show us the final effect. They looked nice!

The run up to the commissioning of the house has been divided into milestones and I find that there are a whole lot of things to be done over the next three days and duties have been assigned to each in the team.


Tailpiece.

And just prior to supper, I was able to meet the priest who'd preside over the three 'pujas' on the day of the commissioning. It was an interesting though brief session where he narrated the finer aspects of the ceremony and the implications! 

No comments:

Post a Comment