Sunday, November 17, 2013

A quiet Sunday.

The day meandered with nothing much happening all through. But paradoxical though it may sound, there was a lot of running around to do to get things done. As the day to leave Kochi nears, tying up the loose ends have gained priority but the end seems to be nowhere in sight. And I want to go through it with the least of hassles.

Tomorrow will be a washout as the LDF has called for a 'hartal'. Most of the shops and allied services will be shuttered and no serious business will be allowed to happen because of restrictions in the movement of vehicles on the roads. Mom's review by her doctor and the dentist will, therefore, have to wait till Tuesday before shifting her to my sister's place at Palakkad, so that she doesn't have to go through the upheavals of our intended movement.

My boys had given me an emotional farewell in the evening at the Merchant Navy Club, near our workplace. There were nice words uttered and anecdotes recalled - that spanned the entire period of my tenure out here - that pleasantly surprised me. I realised that I was being minutely watched and followed all these days, weeks and months! I'm gonna miss them for sure and I hope that the kudos and the applause the team is receiving from all quarters will continue even after my exit because the efforts have been their's. I only happened to be at the till giving my inputs, when required.


Tailpiece.

How time flies? It seems that it was just the other day when I'd assumed command of this fine unit after coming in from New Delhi and it will be 63 days short of three years when I hand over the baton to my successor, this Saturday.

The only constant in life is change, they say and so be it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment