Monday, November 4, 2013

Snippets...

My uncle from Nasik is visiting us. And his discourses on the Bhagvad Gita have begun in right earnest - and boy, it's an experience! They'd arrived earlier in the day and shall be with us for a couple of days.

He's a fantastic grasp of the Gita and his interpretations, peppered with anecdotes, make it a very wonderful experience. He's here to attend his grandson's wedding and will be around in Kerala for the whole of this month. Another reason for feeling close to him is the similarity that he has with my dad's outlook towards life.

*                             *                                 *

There was a trip that I was planning to do and the preparations had been going on for the past few days - like deciding the place of our stay, the itinerary - and that'd have been hectic as I look back, in hindsight and the jotting down of necessary stuff to be done within the short stay. I'd even called up my friends about our programme with a promise that I'd be meeting each of them.

Well, it's to be shelved due to some technical reason. The youngster who'd realised that he'd made an error in his briefing earlier, based on which I'd made my decision was in tears when he realised that I was gonna lose some money because of the cancellation of our air tickets.

I tried to pacify him with the following:-

            (a) that the money that I was losing never belonged to me in the first place and so, it didn't pinch
                 me a wee bit!
            (b) that I was glad that he'd told me the harsh fact now rather than making me go through the whole
                  hog and end up with cuts in my pay at a later stage!!

He'd that puzzled look on his face as he went away. Did he expect me to throw a tantrum at him and howl away?

*                              *                                  *

I'd spoken about the actress, Shweta Menon's angst just the other day. Wonder what sort of pressures from which quarters had been brought to bear upon her that made her drop all the charges!

Her nightmare seems to have just begun. And I sincerely hope that she's able to tide over the relentless onslaught.

The guys who'd been implicated earlier and after having been absolved by the lady by her naive action, have now started singing a different tune. How shameless can guys be? And what about the visuals that show them in their true colours? Can they ever overcome that?


Tailpiece.

The lady who presses the clothes for the people dwelling in the residential area had come to me saying that she's being unnecessarily victimised by one of her customers, asking for a hefty compensation for a saree that had got burnt accidentally while pressing. While she'd agreed to pay Rs. 4 grand in return for the burnt saree,
the owner was insisting on taking the money(as a punishment) as well as retaining the damaged garment(because of sentiments)!

I'm flummoxed! There's never a dull moment!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment