Monday, July 28, 2014

Back home at Guruvayur!

Despite the diktat that we'd be leaving the guesthouse by 9, by the time the group of thirteen had finished their morning act it was a half past 10. No sooner had we bid farewell to Dorai and Aiyappan who'd tended the kitchen so well, Kartik, our shy but knowledgeable guide and the forest officials, our cellphones had gotten active and much to my astonishment, there were many callers who seemed to have missed me.

We're in Thrissur by 1 o'clock and it was nice seeing Vijayakumar trying to find a suitable eatery so that they could see me off after lunch despite my insistence that I could have it after reaching home. Anyways, ultimately it turned out the way I'd wanted it to be while the rest of the group continued their journey towards Thiruvananthapuram.

The walk in the evening was nice and I'd made it a point to do a gruelling pace to make up for the comparative inactivity over the last couple of days.

My aunt's funeral will take place on Friday, when her two remaining children arrive from London.

Vijayan, the caretaker of my father's house, had called up to say that the Ramayana recital at the family temple had gone off fine and that he'd overseen the overall arrangements. He'd also reported that he'd given a piece of my mind to the organisers of the event for switching dates without keeping me informed, which should have been done as a matter of principle.


Tailpiece.

Lekha's recital of the Ramayana is going on without hiccups. She tells me that though she doesn't comprehend the meaning of certain words, the recital gives her a tremendous thrill and enjoyment. Reminds me of the way I feel on my rendition of the Vishnu sahasranamasthothram everyday!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment