Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Ramayana month.

The month of 'Karkidakom' of the Malayalam calendar has begun today. It's the time many homes, all across Kerala, carry out the recital of the entire Ramayana which will end on the 16th of August as the next day is the 1st of the new month, Chingam. The recital of the epic, it's believed, removes the darkness in the minds! Lekha's begun its recital at 'The Quarterdeck'!!

Achu, my nephew, had fetched up in the afternoon to give mom company as we make a short trip to Kochi tomorrow for Lekha's medical review. My cousin's mom, who's not very good and is still in the ICU needs to be looked up - my cousin says that she'd be all right if she were to see me. Such expectations are scary and I do not know as to what to say or how to react about my 'superhuman/mystical curing ability'!

                *                                  *                                  *

Another Malaysian aircraft, with 295 people on board, has crashed over Ukraine. Doubts have been expressed about the ill fated aircraft having been hit by a missile. Whatever be the case, the Malays must be having a tough time reconciling to another tragedy when the shock of the first has not even worn off.

I join the people of Malaysia in praying for the lives that have been struck off so violently, so suddenly. It's my fervent hope that their near and dear ones gather sufficient strength to tide over their difficult times.

                *                                   *                                  *

It would be my first foray into the field of the audit of services tomorrow. The briefings and the inputs have been thorough. I only hope that I don't make any faux pas! I've gone through the procedures for the nth time and hope to carve a niche of my own.


Tailpiece.

The rains seem to have petered out as soon as it had gained momentum. The heat, thankfully, is taking time to pick up!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment