Friday, July 18, 2014

Could do everything but........

We'd kicked off from 'The Quarterdeck' half an hour later than the time I'd decided around 0730h. Barring the occasional rain, the weather was nice and the drive, uneventful. I'd reached my first stop at Kalamasserri, trifle after 10 and soon got to the business of audit of an educational institution of a technical intent.

Around 2, I'd disengaged from the event to be in time for the two hospital visits. The first was to my aunt who was in a serious medical condition but alas, they did not permit us entry into the ICU and gave a brief idea of her medical condition instead. I'd told god a small prayer and am sure that she'll come out of it unscathed for me to see her again.

It was teatime and pouring, the road to Lekha's doctor and his hospital was full of potholes and bad traffic. It was Nixon's expertise that saw us at our destination within reasonable time as he avoided one traffic snarl after the other by opting for side lanes, that I never knew did exist. The meeting with the doctor was pleasant as usual but he has advised her from climbing steps to protect her knees.

We could spend some time with my cousin who, naturally, is shaken with her mom's condition. I felt bad for her for the fact that despite all her efforts to save her mom's leg, it was amputated to save her from the precarious condition she was brought in to the hospital last week. And of course, I'd to give her a piece of my mind for being erratic on her cellphone despite Lekha's pleas to avoid a nasty scene. Well, given the circumstances, she took my jabber in the right spirit!

The quite evening at my friend's house was nice and the highlight was the dress that Lekha'd picked up for li'l Shanaya..... she really looked like a princess in that cute outfit much to everyone's delight!


Tailpiece.

As I'd said, could achieve everything that I'd set out to do except meet my aunt. I take it as a positive sign as she's gonna overcome it all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment