Wednesday, February 10, 2016

And finally, the 'Baana yudham'!

I'd gotten up at my usual time and set off for my customary walk but with a difference....I'd armed myself with my cellphone! Mini, my sister, had reached Thrissur from Bangalore along with her friend at 6, by the morning train and I was tracking her movements since I couldn't receive them, because my Chevy was at the service station.

Eventually, they were with us for the morning cuppa. They'd gone to the temple, later in the morning, for the 'darshan' of the good Lord while I'd gone to the town for doing my personal jobs. It was also Vichani kunjamma's birthday and all of us had a chat with her while wishing her many happy returns. Mom was really thrilled talking to her kid sister and I heard her beckoning her to Guruvayur.!

Mini, her friend, Geetha and Lekha had planned to go to the temple by a half past 8 - after an early supper - for witnessing the last pooja, 'the Seeveli' and the krishnanaattom, 'Baanayudham', thereafter, which was scheduled at 2230h. Finding an auto rickshaw was the most difficult part of the exercise! Usually, no auto rickshaws are sighted after 2000h in the stand near our place - so, if there was an urgency, one needed to have their contact numbers. While I was waiting for one, a guy had come to say that he'd a prior booking and continued on his way and it was after about 15' of wait, that I was able to get hold of one.

The three ladies, then, made a quick exit. I and mom stayed back because it would have been difficult for mom to attend the krishnanaattom - though, she was keen - for the following reasons:-

      - to maintain a sustained interest in anything for a prolonged period is difficult for her, these days.
      - she has to be in bed, latest by 2215h.
      - her requirement to go to the rest room periodically and
      - the seating arrangement or lack of it makes it difficult for her!

For Mini and Geetha, it was after many months of planning that the event had materialised!


Tailpiece.

* Am impressed by the way the two 'mothers' were going about doing things so that their daughters got the best in their lives!

* Caught up with my reading!   

No comments:

Post a Comment