Friday, February 12, 2016

Thiruvananthapuram and back.

I'd missed out on the alarm timed for 0145 hrs and when my sister had woken me up, it was a half past 2. Anto was supposed to come by a quarter to 3 to drop us at the railway station. I zipped through the morning chores that reminded me about my Academy days! Anyways, we could board the train well in time but the railways had again done something that they resort to quite often these days - substitute an a/c three tier coach for a chair car, the refrain being that there's an enormous shortage of coaches! And for some unknown reason, the vestibule connection wasn't available!!

The result was that none of the vendors cared to drop by and we got down at Pettah, before the Thiruvananthapuram Central station, at 9, to make a quick dash to Indira kunjamma's house nearby, because we hadn't even had the morning cuppa! After a hurried breakfast, we'd set off for the venue of the wedding.

It's a great occasion to be with most of our close relations especially, those from Paravoor and as usual, I'd gone around meeting each and everyone lest that none was missed out as such occasions come rare and far between. We made a quick get away after wishing Nisha and Dipu a long, happy and prosperous married life. Nisha's parents were thankful because we'd travelled the farthest to attend their daughter's special day. Indira kunjamma had us dropped at Thampanoor from where I saw Rema off, on the bus to Kottarakkara before I clambered onto my train, which left at 1430 hrs.

Coming via Kottayam, the train was unduly delayed because of extensive work in connection with the doubling of the track and I reached Thrissur only by a half past 8 where Mini and Geetha, along with our sa'arthi, George were on the platform, waiting for their train to Bangalore which fetched up eventually, late by an hour and a half. I could, thus, see them off too before heading for Guruvayur.


Tailpiece.

1. Earlier, George had taken Lekha, Mini and Geetha to the 'Thirumaandhaamkunnu temple' about 60 km north from here, around 0800 hrs, so that Mini could wind up the third and final pooja, in connection with Ammu's marital prospects! They'd returned a trifle after lunch!!

2. Today, for the first time, I'd refused to part with my window side seat for a lady. Actually, between the lady, her infant child and her husband, they had two aisle seats. I'd plugged my laptop into the socket on the bulkhead and was in no mood to relent, as I was sorting out the backlog of mail. Nevertheless, it was boorish on my part! Wonder why I was so?

3. The municipality water supply system was being buttoned up and Binesh, the contractor, had called up to say that our neighbour's son wasn't permitting him to burrow the pipes into the shallow trenches dug on the ground that would pass in front of his parents' - they were away - house. An alternate route had to be identified, subsequently.

4. For all the running around that Maman and I'd done on the 8th, the CM has allocated a seed money of Rs.10 lakhs for the PN Panicker National School for Social Development in the state's budget, presented by him, in the Assembly today.

No comments:

Post a Comment