Sunday, February 7, 2016

Off to Thiruvananthapuram.

The day had begun on a quiet note with me tying up all the loose ends so that mom and Lekha did not have anything to worry about during my two day absence. The trip had become a necessity as I'd to make the customary trip to Chathannoor and Paravoor to oversee the activities out there. I'd set off after lunch but being a Sunday, auto rickshaws were hard to get and so, it was after a wait for a while that I could get onto one.

The buses to Thrissur were a plenty and I clambered on to the first one in the line which was choc-a-bloc with people. I was a standing passenger throughout the entire 25 km drive and was a little clumsy holding on to the railing, twice 'mounting' the guys in front when the driver was magnanimous in the use of the brakes!

The wait at the railway station was a comparatively short one with the Jana Shatabdi arriving just about 5' late. Maman had already boarded the train from Shoranur but the coach that we're reserved in was the last, the 22nd behind the engine! The number of my seat was 1 which was incidentally, the last in the rows, and it was the coach's rear bulkhead that separated me and my co-passengers from the environment!! Cracking a PJ, I'd ended up being the last guy to enter Thiruvananthapuram!!!

The train had chugged into the station about 15' behind schedule and Omanakuttan, along with the vehicle was a welcome sight, as usual. A quick drop at the Foundation to collect the requisite papers for our morning meet with the chief minister was a detour before we headed for maman's home. Conversation and dinner followed. It's yet another day that was nearing its end.

Did I do anything worthwhile for the day? No, not really. Hope I'm able to say something different when I board my return train, the day after tomorrow.


Tailpiece.

The heat's getting to be miserable. I could finish reading the latest 'The Week' magazine, from cover to cover, during the journey as maman and me had to sit separately.     

No comments:

Post a Comment