Sunday, September 26, 2010

Arzoo is now mine!

This evening I was on my customary walk, when Arzoo and her parents were on the reciprocal. I had written earlier about this beautiful girl who has Down's syndrome coupled with a bit of disability. I was biding my time to see her on her walk so as to make friends with her. And after a long wait, I have achieved what seemed to be impossible or very slow in coming! And I want to describe those exciting moments.

I'd crossed them as I was engrossed in my thoughts when I was distracted by a conversation coming from a group, across the road over a dark patch of the road and it was then that I saw the threesome - Arzoo with her parents! I ran across to them and took permission from the parents to allow me to make friends with their daughter. However, much as they coaxed her to wish me, she remained quite reticent and turned away from me onto her mother's shoulder. I knew that I did not have much time and couldn't afford to keep all of them waiting till I'd my way. And at that precise moment, when I'd decided to turn away from them sad at the botched chance, Arzoo turned towards me, wishing and threw a dazzling smile - I really felt weak in my knees, honestly! The little one's indeed very beautiful and she'd made my day, nay evening and I felt on top of the world!!

Girls still find me irresistibly charming, eh? Jokes apart, to me, befriending Arzoo was a very special moment and the highlight of the day.


Another day with Dev Anand.

Earlier, this morning, on the programme 'Rangoli' on national television, there was yet another instalment of songs picturised on Dev Anand. And all the selections were simply wonderful.

Of course, my favourite 'Itna madir, itna madhur, tera mera pyaar' from the movie 'Prem Pujari' is yet to come by and is eagerly awaited.

No comments:

Post a Comment