Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy birthday, Lata Mangeshkar!

Today's Bharath Ratna Lata Mangeshkar's 81st birthday. Wishing her many happy returns of the day and many more years of good health and happiness. We, Indians, are proud to say that you are ours!

Why the frequent memory lapses?

Of late, I've found that I seem to be having frequent bouts of amnesia or memory lapses. I've always been absent minded since childhood and so, I did not give it a second thought, thus far. But yesterday, there were a few small incidents that had my friends pulling my leg and honestly, I wasn't under any tension during the period!

I shall enumerate the incidents, though trivial as they may sound and here I go:-
(a) Left my vehicle at the parking lot with the keys on the door.
(b) Sent a mail meant for a dear friend to another address.
(c) Completely missed another friend's special day whom I was supposed to call up.

It's said that these infirmities are sure signs of growing old but I refuse to subscribe to that point of view. Then, am I a sure case of Alzheimer's in the making? Or is it a case of selective amnesia, I wonder?

The dividing line between sanity and insanity is very, very thin. And one's also aware of the fact that everyone comes into this world on a pre-ordained script, written by the master script writer.

And Kris Kristoffereson had sung,
"Yesteday's dead and gone
And tomorrow's out of sight".

So why me worry? Will take it as it comes. But is there a problem in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment