Monday, September 13, 2010

For the good times...

As Kris Kristofferson belts out this number from my collections, I thought I must share its words with you as they’re simply super. And so, here we go:-

“Don’t look so sad, I know it’s over
But life goes on and this whole world will keep on turnin’.
Let’s just be glad we’d some time to spend together.

There’s no need to watch the bridges that were burnin’.

Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body close to mine
It’ll whisper of the raindrops blowin’ soft against the windows
Make believe you love me one more time, for the good times.
I’ll get along, you find another
And I’ll be here if you should find you ever need me.
Don’t say your words about tomorrow or forever.

There’s no need to watch the bridges that were burnin’."

This number was originally sung and immortalized by Pery Como, but it became a rage in the mid ‘70s when Kris Kristofferson sang it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment