Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm still a bad man!

This morning was a rush rush affair. Lekha'd to be taken to the Army Hospital - Research and Referral, a stone's throwaway from us, for undergoing lab tests based on which her doctor was going to provide the final decision on her present medical condition.

Thanks to the traffic trials for the impending Commonwealth Games, driving through the vehicles that had piled on the road by then and changing lanes were a harrowing experience, as well as a Herculean task. And on reaching the parking area, the military policeman, on duty, was boorish to say the least, in trying to shoo me away - perhaps, my van does not match up to his expectations! Anyways, I dropped Lekha at the place where I'd wanted, to reduce the distance that she'd to walk, of course only, after giving the cop his explanation.

Getting through the reception counter was equally unpleasant. How one always wishes that people on duty at these 'gateways' were courteous and friendly! The sister, who drew the blood sample was seen to rotate the syringe, after insertion, and I could only watch helplessly at Lekha's discomfort with pain. And then came in the coup-de-gras. Lekha, simply could not muster up enough sample of her urine into the narrow mouthed test tube and looked totally ill at ease!

And the boor that I am, just could not control my anger and let go at my wife.

My frayed nerves were brought back under control, we organised glasses of water from the nearby cooler and she was able to do the needful, subsequently. A bad show, on my part and I find that I need to go a long way towards 'anger management' and becoming a 'nice' man!!

Tailpiece.
At the end of it, after dropping Lekha at home, I was able to scramble home in time for a scheduled meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment