Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A dull and rainy day, yet again!

Today is yet another day when the sky has been overcast since first light. I think the Delhi Chief Minister was absolutely dot on when she'd said almost a fortnight ago that the raingod was against her and the Delhiites because of the generous amount of rains this season. The rains have knocked the bottom of her statement, that with all the facilities that are coming up in the run up to the Commonwealth Games, Delhi is a world class city(I think I'm getting repetitive on this issue and hence shall desist from now on).

I hope a lesson is learnt by all of us not to procrastinate, ever. Had it not been for these unscheduled rains, the CWG sites would have been cleared and ready by now. Flu, of all varieties, are rampant and Delhi is rambling on.

Hope things get all right over the next fortnight and Delhi will come up trumps in the end.

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down! Remember Carpenters?

After 38 years!

Around a half past four this evening, I got a call from my classmate, Jacob Joseph, who was on a short visit to Delhi on official tour. We decided to meet over a short break of 40mts, after working hours and before an appointment with Lekha’s doctor. As we got around to updating ourselves, the long time gap of 38 years of not interacting with each other, just vanished without a trace.

Jacob, amongst the two guys of the Sainik School batch of ’72 who’d joined the IIT, Madras when I’d moved on to the NDA, is currently working for Tata Power and is centred at Bombay. His wife, Suma is a lecturer at the Chembur College and they’ve two sons – the elder one is an engineer, based at Minneapolis, US and the younger one is currently doing engineering at Bombay.

Jacob Joseph was one of my able ‘Prefects’ during my tenure as House Captain of No. 5 Dormitory in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment