Monday, November 8, 2010

The heartburns have begun!

Lekha and me had gone to the airport to drop my cousin in our Chevrolet Cruze. After a lot of minute and careful calculations, I'd parked the vehicle nicely(for a change!) at the kerb, earmarked for dropping the passengers. Little did I realise that my relief, at having done so, was going to be so shortlived and that I'd be staring at disaster of gargantuan proportions!

A Toyota Qualis came in and screeched to a halt uncomfortably close to my Cruze which instantly prompted me to give its driver the dirtiest look from my repertoire. I saw a lady trying to get out of its rear seat after having pushed her door outward, with all her might. I managed to retrieve the situation by quickly holding the 'menacing' door with both my hands, a few millimetres from my car's body and helped the lady to disembark within the cramped space. She was definitely flummoxed by this sudden show of chivalry by an 'alien' and sensing that something was amiss, her husband approached me with a menacing look.

All went well as the episode had, by then, been appreciated by the parties concerned and each one of us then went about doing our unfinished tasks.

I realised that my heartburns, on this score, were just about to begin as Delhiites drive around with a gay abandon and no one is bothered about my car being new!

No comments:

Post a Comment