Monday, November 29, 2010

My wandering thoughts!

Counterpoint.
This is a favourite column of mine that comes in the Sunday edition of the Hindustan Times and Vir Sanghvi, its author writes passionately, on issues, as I reckon. So I was really sad to read that he's taking a hiatus for sometime - and the sad thing is that he's not mentioned as to how long he's gonna stay away.
It's the result of the 'Radiia tapes' that have revealed a nexus between the media and the politicians. From the looks of it I'm sure that there's still more left to come out regarding the sordid affair. It's my fervent hope that the guys whom I'd considered as heroes do not turn out to be otherwise!

The third Delhi Gay Parade.
There was yet another edition of the LGBTs'(Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders) conglomeration, yesterday. They'd come out of their shyness to join hands and express solidarity to one another. Many of them carried flags bearing rainbow colours as a symbol of their fraternity.
I think, we Indians have grown up and shown magnanimity in accepting the fraternity. At least, these days one doesn't hear of any violent reactions to the unfortunate lot - I hope I'm not sounding patronising, but they too have a right to live. But no PDA -public display of affection - please!

The Wikileaks saga.
The Wikileaks are going to give many of us troublesome times as we come to know what the Americans think of us as a nation. The wisest thing is to reiterate the adage that 'in the realm of international relationships there are no permanent friendships but permanent interests that endure.'

No comments:

Post a Comment