Monday, November 22, 2010

Nostalgia and other thoughts.

Nostalgia.
This evening while I was on my customary walk, I was fortunate to revisit the old martial tune of 'Colonel Bogey'(Incidentally, Colonel Bogey is a fictional figure who played flawless golf). It was being played by an Army band in one of the Messes that happens to be on my route. I've marched numerous times, over my three years at the NDA, to the effervescent score that never failed to ignite a patriotic fervour from deep within me.
And hearing it again, after a long lapse, almost made me to fashion my strides to match the tune! I guess some things never change!!

A fantastic performance.
The viewing of today's episode of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' was indeed a treat. Raahat Taslim, a housewife from Giridih, was in fantastic form and walked away with Rs. 1 crore after what seemed to be an effortless performance on her part. She was smart and confident with a wide repertoire of knowledge. Congratulations Raahat and here's wishing that your boutique comes up well at the earliest.

The Bihar Election Results.
Going by the exit polls of all the major media channels, Nitish Kumar is all set to return to power with a thumping majority, thanks to his good work over the last five years. The people of Bihar have started to understand the meaning of 'development' and there's an all round respect for law and order. May the state continue to prosper under an honest and genuine leadership. (I'm, of course, still puzzled by his insistence on keeping Narendra Modi out of the election campaign - perhaps, he has a genuine reason or was he being prude and playing to the gallery?)
The people of Bihar definitely deserve good governance and development in all spheres at a hectic pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment