Saturday, November 27, 2010

A severe misdemeanour!

Yesterday, I was telephonically told that a cheque of mine had not been honoured. And I simply could not believe it and hence, invited the organisation's representative to meet me this evening. On the appointed hour, the youngster was at my door and on perusal, I found much to my embarassment that I'd not put down my signature after writing the amount. A grave slip on my part, that's totally unpardonable, because one's supposed to be very meticulous while doing such things. No, it wasn't supposed to be a practical joke either! Honest!

A fresh cheque was issued and apologies tendered to the representative and to the head of the organisation. They were extremely nice and tried to save me from further embarassment by saying that it could have been an inadvertent slip on my part, thanks to my busy schedule!

A fact that I'd like to dismiss and label it as carelessness at its extreme. I shan't forgive myself for this misdemeanour for sometime to come and it's my fervent hope that it never, ever occurs again!

No comments:

Post a Comment