Friday, November 26, 2010

Snippets....

"Rajeev, I'm sorry that your name did not come to my mind readily when I was to give a suitable name to be part of a delegation to tour the US." This came from a friend of mine who used to be a regular visitor to my house everyday those days. I'd laughed it off as an inadvertent miss on his part and then went on to put him at ease.

* * *

"Sir, I used to deliberately keep you from meeting and interacting with that senior as I fully well knew that he was quite fond of you. Now, I feel that I'd not played fair by you, hope you'd understand." This by a youngster, who's doing well today, in one of his candid confessions this morning when he'd met me after a long break.

* * *

"Sir, I'd like you to give me an insight into a few topics and if you don't mind I'd like to note down the salient points. And here's a personal request that if the topic were to come up for discussion in a forum please let me tackle it and give me moral support by being with me silently." A junior's earnest request of me this evening.

* * *

In view of the foregoing, I seriously wonder:-
(a) Am I overbearing?
(b) Am I competing with people with whom I've no intention of competing?
(c) Am I unsettling the other's peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment