Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm a passable chef!

Lekha has gone to her ancestral house to see the annual festival of the nearby Ganesh Temple. Before leaving for that short break, she'd prepared food and tucked it away into the inards of our fridge.

But yesterday morning, I had decided to venture into unsure territory and make breakfast for my parents and me. With a porridge of cornflakes, single fried egg for mom(dad's a pure vegetarian) and a few hot, crisp toasts alongwith butter and jam, with a cup of tea to wash them down, my menu was strictly colonial and sounded impressive!?

I know that it's nothing very worthwhile but dad's remark that the toasts were correctly crisp and the tea was good at the end of it all alongwith my mom's wholehearted endorsement, made my day. I hope they hadn't said that to please me! But yes, I'm a passable chef!!

No comments:

Post a Comment