Thursday, May 19, 2011

Love is.......sharing a toothbrush!

After spending a fortnight with us, my parents have returned to my dad's house at Kottarakkara. In fact we'd driven down from Kochi last night. My dad, thanks to his ailment, takes a while to adjust to a new environment.

This morning, he did what me and my sisters thought to be unthinkable! While going through his morning chores, he'd used my mom's toothbrush. My mom, incidentally, is very particular about her personal effects and this was one area where she's not particularly enthused about what had happened. We waited with bated breath to see sparks fly but much against our 'expectations', she'd realised my dad's faux pas and excused him for his misdemeanour(?!). She'd the brush scrubbed thoroughly to use it herself and we all heaved a sigh of relief that the incident passed off peacefully!!

I guess my parents also believe in the maxim that 'love is sharing a toothbrush'.

No comments:

Post a Comment