Saturday, May 14, 2011

My kid sister.

My sister, Rema, is with me these days to help us look after mom and dad, especially the former who has undergone cataract surgery on both her eyes. And boy, isn't she a great help? I've always admired her for her enormous reserve of inner strength and the steely resolve to take on the most difficult situation. It's also touching to see the manner in which she tackles my parents who succumb to her charms and surrender to her directions without much ado.

A teacher by profession, her dedication to her students is total. On my previous visits to Mysore, where she was living till about six months back, I've seen many of the parents coming up to thank her for reforming their errant children. She takes on the weak students, analyses them in depth and mentors them. In fact, when her son, Achu, had failed in a couple of subjects in class XII sometime back, she was wondering aloud as to why his teacher hadn't noted his flaws and applied remedial measures.

Going back in time, I don't recollect having fought with this kid sister of mine ever and I was indeed, ready to part with my personal effects without any hesitation. We used to have long discussions when irritants cropped up and on topics of a wide ranging theme! Subsequently, once our younger sister, Renjini aka Minni joined us, we'd taken on the mantle of protecting her since she used to have episodes of epileptic fits in her childhood.

Between Rema and me, we've caught up with a lot of things thanks to her presence amidst us and I only wish that these times would go on and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment