Tuesday, November 22, 2011

At the children's park.

To be a child all over again. Ah, what a dream! The paradox is that I wanted to grow up pretty fast when I was a kid only to realise now as to how idiotic that want was!

After my evening walk and exercises, I had taken my young nephews - Govind and Sanath - to the park in front of our building and let them loose. Soon after, a sizeable number of children had conglomerated at the park and it was headed by none other than li'l Anoushka, my best friend and favourite. It was nice conversing with each one of them and a few of them had a lot of questions to ask like why I wasn't out in the mornings on exercise(they're rather amused when I said that I was lazy and abhorred getting up in the mornings) and curious as to how were the two kids, that I was chaperoning, related to me. In the process, they extracted a promise from me to be a spectator for their 'kabaddi' match tomorrow morning!

When one of the mother's quipped that I was the residential 'Pied Piper' immensely popular with the kids, I must confess that I did feel proud. But once again came to the conclusion that I was a dumbo at their age!  

No comments:

Post a Comment