Sunday, November 20, 2011

A lovely Sunday!

After seeing off my friend, I'd settled down to watch the programme 'Rangoli' on the national channel. The first number promised me(I get these inklings) that the day was going to be interesting. It was that lovely duet sung by Mohammad Rafi and Lata Mangeshkar from the movie, 'Parasmani' and I shall reproduce the first two lines below, simply because the words are mesmeric :-

                        'Woh jab yaad aaye
                         Bahut yaad aaye'.

I was the co - host for an official lunch where I'd the privilege and honour to meet many of my friends, seniors as well as juniors, after a lapse of many years. Though I met many people, exchanged telephone numbers and addresses, the real thrill was when I met the Joses who're with me at Coimbatore and among the few who'd looked after me during those times. I must confess that I've a fondness for them and still remember the nice times that I've had at their place. As we brought ourselves upto date of each other, the years that had lapsed without communication just seemed to melt away. They both looked good and had just returned from Toronto where their children(with whom I've played when they're kids) have settled down as Canadian citizens.

The evening was spent with a simple family at their house - now, that's a tongue twister - 'Pullattinjalil' at Aluva. A word about the family - the patriarch is a manual labourer, who works in the farms nearby and he and his shy wife have established a happy and contended house with ample support from their three sons. Two out of them are married and the elder daughter-in-law happens to be our maid's daughter! She's pregnant and we'd gone to celebrate the occasion! The positive vibes in the house are infectious and their cousins, from the extended family, are talented. We'd the privilege of hearing Sandhya(a ranker from school and now doing her CA) and Dhanya(studying in class X) who're on their way to a musical nite and they're further, scheduled to perform with their team at London and Toronto during the first half of December! 

May god look after the 'Pullattinjalil' inmates and shower them with all that they wish for in the coming times! And let happiness and togetherness be their theme song forever!!

A wonderful day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment