Wednesday, November 16, 2011

O, these ricks!

I was heading for the nearest petrol pump to put in diesel into my Cruze as it was to be handed over to the GM motors for its third and last free servicing. The roads were pretty well crowded, with vehicles, as the schools had  just wound up for the day. Therefore, mustering up a decent speed was unthinkable but disaster can still strike, under such circumstances, as can be seen from the incident that I'm gonna narrate, which left me twiddling my thumbs helplessly!

I was negotiating a crowded circle, when all of a sudden an autorickshaw - obviously in a tearing hurry - nudged its way through, overtook me - wonder how he managed that - and in the process, scraped the paint off my car's front bumper. My heart sank as I heard the sickening noise and mind you, achieved at almost zero speed! Stopping my vehicle to grab the guy's collar was a strict no-no because by doing so, I'd have attracted the wrath of the other motorists behind me who're, anyways, working on their horns rather incessantly! I'd to just grin and bear it. The autorickshaw driver seemed to appreciate my predicament fully well as he garnered speed to wriggle out of the situation.

But what slapped my ego, was the guy's backward peep, from his perch, on my car's 'by now miserable looking bumper'! Was that a triumphant look at having taught a lesson to another of those pompous(?) guys moving in sleek cars? Or was it a sympathetic look at having caused discomfort to a fellow driver? I'd never know but I'd like to believe that it's the latter!


Tailpiece.

Having narrated the discomfort caused by the rick, I must hasten to add that they're ideal for transportation if one were to be in a hurry - can wriggle through any difficult traffic situation, interaction with the driver can get you interesting experiences and the journey is comparatively, less expensive! A necessary evil!!

No comments:

Post a Comment