Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A day on wheels.

Today has been an exceptional day on wheels as the number of unfinished tasks seems to keep mounting even after ticking the ones that had been successfully finished. I've never felt like this before and I've this sneaky feeling that I get the impression because I've been constantly on the move, this Wednesday.

It all started in the morning, when I'd to take Lekha to the AIMS for her tests as part of the monthly medical review. The drive was through blinding rains made all the more difficult by errant motorists, many of whom drove madly, as though they'd acquired the road on lease to themselves! I was at work, soon after, a trifle later than usual though and as I was trying to finish a few pending projects, a call had come for an impromptu meeting after which a dash had to be made to look up a friend of mine, admitted in the nearby hospital.

Back to work and after winding up things for the day, I was off home to do my packing to move to Payyannur to attend a meeting that's being held there, tomorrow morning. The drive is gonna be long, but my saarthi is happy that we'd be at Ezhimala till sunset tomorrow. In his words, he gets a tremendous sense of happiness seeing the lush green scenery all around and I second him wholeheartedly.

Drives are fascinating as they give an opportunity to reflect upon things and as huge trees, buildings, hamlets and vehicles whizz past, a feeling of accomplishment sets in and a renewed energy is acquired to take on new projects!

 The usp of today's drive has been its wetness thanks to the rains, almost continuous!!  


Tailpiece.

This is my 519th post and this number, as I've cited earlier, has a significance in my life. It's my roll number in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment