Monday, November 14, 2011

Sentiments or misplaced loyalties?

We'd to attend a function that was unavoidable despite the fact that we're in a state of mourning. Moreover, I did not have the heart to say no to these friends of ours as it was a very special occasion for them.

The function was very well organised and we'd the opportunity to meet and interact with quite a few people that we'd always been planning to do but couldn't, due to paucity of time and other distractions. So we took advantage of the opportunity that had fallen into our laps on its own and considered it as godsend! Then, as if on cue, my cellphone got insistent and as I got to take the call, the people around me had noticed that the pouch that I carry the gadget in, was in tatters and pulled my leg.

No amount of my telling them that the pouch was presented to me by a very special friend and hence, had a sentimental value that was priceless, did they deter from making fun of me. Their bone of contention was that I was stupidly emotional and sentimental over trivia, one of them even offered to buy me a new pouch at that instant which I'd to politely, yet firmly turn down - damn sweet of her, though!

The same questions were expressed when I'd insisted on spending more time at Leela kunjamma's and Santhan kochachan's homes, over the last few days. On a personal note, by doing so, I was trying to shake off the guilt of not having given more of my time for them when they're up and about!

Being stupidly sentimental as the people for whom I'm displaying emotions are not even going to be aware of it? But what about the tremendous sense of satisfaction that I derive from deep within?

Yes, I'm a confused bundle of thoughts but I ain't worried as I feel comfortable and am sure that I'm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment