Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm at loggerheads with my God.

Yes, I'm 'kattie' with my God. He's taken away two people that I was quite fond of within a span of a week. Leela kunjamma and Santhan kochachan were wonderful people and did no harm to anyone. And I can vouch for the fact that their personal needs were so little and they always believed in giving and spreading happiness around them. They could have lived for many more years as their medical discomfort were not acute or insurmountable!

As an elder tried to console me, I'm trying to accept the explanation that their time for being with us had come to an end and they are on to better things, according to the philosophy of life which is also the cosmic truth. According to customs and traditions practiced by us, going to places of worship, lighting the lamp in one's 'puja room' at home and saying one's prayers are taboo during the period of mourning.

I have suddenly become skeptical about the efficacy of saying prayers everyday, especially when God hasn't heeded to my pleas of not taking my near and dear ones away. I'm seriously wondering as to whether I should resume my daily prayers after the period of mourning is over!

Krishna's explanation to Arjuna in the Bhagwad Gita that every human being comes into this world on a pre-ordained script written by him, notwitstanding!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment