Friday, November 11, 2011

Our needs are fleeting.

Shekinah, the 16 yr old daughter of the Mathews has left for her heavenly abode.

She was supposed to have taken her class X examinations in 2010.

She was diagnosed with bone cancer and had undergone many rounds of chemotherapy at the CMC, Vellore. She was a valiant young lady who fought the fearsome illness with fortitude and a smile on her face.

Santhosh Mathew, her father and my schoolmate, struggling to hold back his tears said at the eulogy in church and I quote, "In early 2000, the matter that worried me most was Shekinah's X standard examinations. In 2011, the same time, we're praying for her life and exams were out of mind, inconsequential". Unquote.

Shows how transient needs are in life - a few of them attained and many not!

A tearful prayer for the young lady and prayers for giving the grieving parents adequate strength to tide over their difficult times.


PS.

My apologies for spreading melancholia in my last few posts but the losses that are taking place, in close vicinity, have taken its toll. Hope my readers understand! 

1 comment:

  1. Please visit my FB page and read my letters after the home call of Shekinah. It is painful, bur we are nor disheartened.

    http://facebook.com/mathewsantosh

    Santhosh Mathew - Shekinah's father

    ReplyDelete