Wednesday, January 4, 2012

American Pie.

Just happened to hear snatches of Don Maclean's number from an album of his, that bears the same name, after a long, long time. This was the rage of the '70s. I'm fond of this number and have heard it a countless times because the lyrics tickle me. Let me try to recall the number and here I go,

        'Bye, bye Miss American Pie
         Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry
         End o' row o' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
         Singin' this will be the day that I die
         This will be the day that I die.

         Have you heard of music and Rock 'n Roll.......

         And the three men I admire most
         The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost
         Rode up the last train home'
         And the music died.
     
         And they're singin'
         Bye, bye Miss American Pie
         Drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry
         End o' row o' boys were drinkin whiskey and rye
         Singin' this will be the day that I die
         This will be the day that I die.


PS.
1. I don't think that I've got all the words right. Anyone who has them and happens to read this may fill me on it, please.
2. I've tried to analyse my fascination for this number. It's, perhaps, that I'd always wanted to own a Chevy
and now that I do, it's become all the more likeable!

No comments:

Post a Comment