Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another year gone by.

Yet another year has gone by. Personally, the year had started off with a change in that we'd shifted from New Delhi to Kochi after 101/2 years.

It was a drastic change that had shaken the wits out of me and reiterated the hard fact that change was the only constant in life. I'd got so comfortable with our stay in Delhi that I was in an illusion that it would go on and on! Kochi has been nice though Lekha has had a few setbacks, healthwise. That has, however, got sorted out towards the closing days of 2011. And thanks to our being back at our place, the social calling has become hectic as nothing can be avoided lest you're considered a spoilsport or even a snob. What affects anyone in the family affects me too and their aches and ailments have become mine! And frankly, simple gestures mean so much that I'm amazed that a smile, a hug or even a few words over the telephone can do wonders and make people happy!!

2011 shall always be remembered for the spate of tragedies that had afflicted the family. I still can't fathom the loss of Vijayan chettan(from my dad's immediate family), Leela kunjamma and Santhan kochachan(from my mom's immediate family). Though each of them had minor ailments, there was nothing seriously wrong with any of them and hence their passing away gave a severe body blow but the upshot of it all was that the family got to get a bit closer in grief! Strange are the ways of life - it takes a cruel thing like death to reinforce relationships which, otherwise, is taken for granted!!

I've taken a resolve for the new year to stress on relationships and to convey to each one of my close friends and relatives that I care and what affects them really does affect me too.

"Being in touch", therefore, shall be my driving motto for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment