Monday, January 16, 2012

An anniversary sans the main protagonist.

Today's 16 Jan and it happens to be my parents' wedding anniversary day. Usually, we celebrate it with mom and dad cutting the traditional anniversary cake and calling over the few people close to us and whose company my parents relish.

Consequent to my dad's passing away, today was different with him being very much 'present' amidst us despite his absence. As mom narrated the minute by minute sequence of events that unravelled this day many eons ago - on our insistence - I felt that I too was part of the gaiety and the celebrative mood prevalent then, alongwith the people whom I love most in this life of mine. The aspect of dad that came out all through the narration was his tremendous sense of humour, enormous patience and the quality of remaining unflappable even during the most exasperating circumstances.

As mom navigated along those pleasant times through her narration, we realised as to how badly she was missing dad - her running fights with him notwithstanding, when he was around!

Felt bad that I could be of no help to her as she fights her agony.  

No comments:

Post a Comment