Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dateline 07 Jan.

It was one of those unlucky patches that I seem to be hitting these days with regularity, wonder why? My laptop had refused to boot up and hence I could not put in my thought for the day! So, here I go under the original dateline.

Hemant Kumar.

Happened to see the programme 'Total Recall' on Hemant Kumar on the Times Now channel today. All the numbers shown had a nostalgia about them, so much so, that I watched a repeat telecast of the programme.

(a) Na jaaon sainya........
      Picturised on Meena Kumari and a very sleepy and disinterested Rehman in the movie 'Sahib, biwi aur
      gulam'. The lyrics capture the loneliness of the poor lady and the music is soul stirring!

(b) Bekaraar karke yun na jaayiye.......
      Sung by Mukesh and picturised on Biswajeet in the movie 'Bees saal baad' which is
      soulful and appropriate.

(c) Woh shyam kuch ajeeb thi
      Yeh shyam bhi ajeeb hai........
      Picturised on Rajesh Khanna and Waheeda Rehman in the movie 'Khamoshi', the whole song sequence has
      a touch of innocence accentuated by the immortal voice of Kishore Kumar.

(d) mmm.................Pukar lo
     Tumhara intezar hai.......
     Sung by the maestro himself in the same movie, his voice has the quality to arrest one's senses.

I suppose I can go on and on about the musical genius, Hemant Kumar. The Hindi movie world has really been blessed with super talent over the years and their work will remain immortal.


Tailpiece.

I also happened to hear an all time favourite of mine from the movie 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna' sung by Kishore Kumar and picturised on Dev Anand - 'phoolon ka taaron ka sabka kehna hai
                                                                        ek hazaaron mein meri behna hai......'
It was simply superb and my day was made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment