Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Today is teacher's day.

1. Today is teacher's day.

On the occasion of teacher's day, I would like to offer my prayers and gratitude to all my teachers who've played a significant role in making me what I am. Nothing in this world can be given in return for their selfless and genuine interest in making me their blessed one. My humble bows to each one of them!


2. A blast from the past!

It was a pleasant surprise this morning when I saw a friend of mine, in a programme, on television. Actually, I usually have the set switched on at a low volume, during working hours, to catch up with the news that keep happening.

Badsha and me were together quite a while back, keeping track of each other, but had not been in regular touch over the past year and a half. We're close buddies and what I must admit is that there never is a dull moment when he's around. His daughter had wanted an introduction to a Bollywood regular as she was interested in taking up work on the costume designing aspect. The needful was done but sadly, their association didn't take off in the real sense for reasons unknown. Perhaps, it's a case of professional competition or even sheer laziness! I've seen people in the profession working against 'pressure schedules' and 'irregular timings' to meet deadlines!! And they've no stamina left after going through the gruelling schedules. After all, creativity cannot happen within a 9 to 5 routine!!!

Well, the young lady seems to have cut her teeth in the world of glamour and it was great to watch the programme that panned her engagement, the run up and the preparations to the wedding and the finale. The whole event was covered in the channel, NDTV Good Times and the programme was titled 'Band Baaja Bride'. Through the course of the show, Badsha opened up to explain as to why he'd insisted on a tomboyish look for his daughter during her student days. What really came out of the entire episode was the strong bonds that existed within the family and the transformation of young Benazir from a shy, unsure young girl to a confident young lady!

Benazir, here's wishing you and Asif - yes, the couple share the same name as that of the Bhuttos of Pakistan. A coincidence, eh? - a long and blissful life together filled with all that you wish for!


Tailpiece.

After having said my piece, I'm amazed at the hard work and the resources that go into trivial - at least, I thought them to be - aspects like haircut, skin treatment and the works, the brocades on dress material that contribute to personal grooming! No wonder then that the Indian weddings are getting to be more and more ostentatious!!

I suppose beauty doesn't come without the frills!

No comments:

Post a Comment