Monday, September 17, 2012

Is it worthwhile?

The one thing that has always puzzled me and repeatedly questioned my sensibilities is as to whether it's worthwhile to look at one's life in retrospect! I'm impressed by people who say that they'd like to do things in the same manner that they'd done in this life of their's if provided a new life by some cosmic intervention!!

Let me try to explain my predicament. Yes, if given a chance, I'd like to be born again in the same 'avatar' of mine as of now. And I do not want to repeat the errors that I've committed. And herein lies the dichotomy! The definition of one's life in this world is the sum total of the rights and the wrongs of the individual, as I understand. That, indeed, is the script of one's role on the life's stage and it has been scripted by the 'master scriptwriter', himself!

I'm reminded of the first few lines from my favourite Malayalam film song penned by the late 'Vayalar Rama Varma' and I would like to recall those mesmerising words:-

     "Chandra kalabham chaarthi vidarum theeram
       Indra dhanussin thooval kozhiyum theeram
       Ee manohara theerathu tharumo
       Iniyoru janmam koodi........
       Enikkini oru janmam koodi..."

In essence, the protagonist is asking for a repeat of his life or is it another life altogether? Yet another impasse, eh? This is the quintessential charm that life has!


Tailpiece.

I'd, in an earlier piece, said that I'd love to be born again in the same 'avatar' with all my existing relations intact and in place! That rider is enduring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment