Saturday, September 1, 2012

A solemn job on my first day.

Soon after my taking over additional responsibilities, I was asked of a favour by my friend at Bangalore. Accordingly, my boys had received the grieving brother and in laws - who'd come down from Dubai - of one of the pilots, Squadron Leader Manoj, who'd lost his life in the tragic air accident that had taken place at Jamnagar yesterday. They're seen off on their trip to Coimbatore, immediately after, where the funeral had taken place this evening.

 In the meanwhile, the second pilot, Flight Lieutenant Sreejith, was transiting through Kochi to Thrissur on his final journey. I found it quite conspiratorial. Were the youngsters waiting for me to bid their final adieu?

My salute to the fallen heroes. Here's wishing that their families have the strength to tide over these difficult times.   

No comments:

Post a Comment