Monday, September 3, 2012

Boorish behaviour.

Another venue....another wedding....

The venue was a very spacious auditorium, situated smack on the main thoroughfare of the town. There was no parking space within its premises and the vehicles, which brought in people for the function,  had to be parked on either side of the main thoroughfare. Now that seemed to be a tricky and harrowing affair as was my experience.

Identifying a suitable spot on the roadside, I drove my chevy in but no sooner had I switched off the ignition did a worker from the wayside shop come up to say that they're expecting the arrival of their consignments and therefore, I couldn't park there. I was incensed, but controlling my irritation I told him that he should have told me the same before I'd shut off the engine and therefore, I considered it to be unacceptable behaviour. Having said that, I was trying to shut my door to start up when the guy held on to it refusing to let me do so.

It was then that I got furious and told him in no uncertain terms that I meant business. He was not going to browbeat me when I'd pointed out that what he did wasn't acceptable. I got out of the vehicle to face him, if required. Probably, seeing me in that 'avatar' he was quick to back off. And acceding to his suggestion, I parked my vehicle elsewhere.


Tailpiece.

It, indeed, was boorish on my part to have lost my shirt on trivia! Or was it, really?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment