Monday, September 10, 2012

Trivia......more of trivia...

1. The battle of the bulge.

A fine example of a losing battle. I'm religious about my daily walk and exercises. But despite the strict regimen that I've kept for myself, the propensity to put on weight is very much there! And that baffles me because I've disciplined myself on my inputs - though I must hasten to add that I do not believe in dieting and keeping away from 'fat inducing' foods.

A friend offered me a sound(?) reason for my predicament and I'd like to believe that it's true. She says that it's because I remain happy most of the times. True to a great extent but I too have my ups and downs! Meanwhile and what worries me is that at present I'm on the losing end of the battle.


2. A bit of a breather...

After the hectic three weeks that have gone by, now's the time to pause and take a deep breath. And I'm enjoying every bit of it. I'd clocked a distance of about 2,500 kms over the month of August and my Chevy was due for the next service. This morning I'd driven her to the service station.

In the evening, soon after work, while going to pick her up, I was stranded in the worst possible traffic snarl and lost about an hour waiting for the knot to get untangled. Thankfully, the worse aspects of the motorists weren't visible!


3. Potholed roads.

Owning a car is to one's disadvantage these days. And the reasons are simple; I'm listing out a few of them:-

   (a) The roads have disappeared. Huge potholes, nay craters, dot the entire network of roads. And
        motorists, trying to avoid them, can come uncomfortably close to you for comfort.

   (b) The autoricks play havoc by their maneuverability and crazy driving along with the recklessness
         of the private buses and the net result makes one's life on the roads a bizarre experience.

   (c) And where's the parking area? I won't be exaggerating if I were to say that a situation will soon
        come around when you've to park at Aluva and walk it all the way to your destination at Ernakulam!

And didn't the government claim just a year back that they're going to make our roads, world class? Probably, the announcement was made on 01 April!!

No comments:

Post a Comment