Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's day.

Got up to the sight of mom lighting the lamp in the puja room. And my day was made!

My nephew, Achu, had to be dropped at the bus stand as he was off to Thiruvananthapuram for his test and Lekha had to visit the Ganesh temple, that's her favourite. We're back at home after an hour or so and it was again back to yakkitiyak with mom.

It's tea time when we left for Thiruvananthapuram and had reached our destination, well before sunset. Suresh and Sindhu were the perfect hosts and by evening, my classmates had conglomerated for a lovely session.

It was late night, as usual, exchanging tidbits and news about friends.


Tailpiece.

Today's Mother's day and I'd forgotten to wish my mom on the occasion but took solace in the fact, that she had long before told me that she doesn't expect me to remember her only on a particular day and therefore, abhorred the custom of celebrating the day. Nevertheless, my apologies, mom, for the slip up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment