Thursday, May 23, 2013

Walking through the rain.........

The early morning was still and clammy, with the pitter-patter of the rains. Earlier, when I'd gotten up from bed on the alarm I wasn't hesitant at all to walk out into the rain and so, had gone through the cleansing act with a gusto. Except for my favourite cap, I did not carry an umbrella - I was looking forward to get wet!

Was I a fish or a marine mammal in my previous birth? Even, Lord Vishnu's first form out of his 'dasavatars'(the ten incarnations) was the fish, if you please and no, I ain't hinting at any celestial connection!!

Thanks to the rain, the number of morning walkers was considerably reduced except for the few die-hard walkers like your's truly. The sheer excitement from walking through the rains was palpable and I knew that it's gonna be a nice day. And I've always found that my hunch would turn out to be true - the day being nice, that is!

I was reminded of the numerous times that I'd walked through pouring rain, wearing my gum boots, to hear that 'plutch - plutch' noise that emanated when the footwear came out of the puddle of water. And I remember having been chided by my mom, time and again, for this pastime of mine. But my enthusiasm has never waned........and I hope, it goes on.

And yes, at the risk of boring you all with my oft repeated yarn, the scenes from one of my favourite movies, 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid' - the characters played by Paul Newman and Robert Redford - come into sharp focus, frame by frame, accompanied by that all time lovely number, "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head........"


Tailpiece.

A wonderful way to start a day even at the risk of being termed 'mad'!


No comments:

Post a Comment