Wednesday, May 1, 2013

At Delhi.

I was back in Delhi after a long while. After work it was catching up with friends and I did manage to surprise quite a few of them. Though I've told each of them that I'd endeavour to call on, I do not know as to how successful it would be to do so despite my earnestness.

As I moved from one place to the other, I passed through the familiar places that we used to frequent and it gave me the impression that I'd never moved out of the city at all. Would you believe if I were to tell you that I was going through a 'deja vu' sort of feeling!?

I'd befriended Sethu, a youngster from the Border Security Force. Disarmingly simple in his outlook he's been brought up with fine values that seem to be getting rare these days. He's somewhere on the Indo-Bangladesh borders and I'm pretty sure that he'd do a fine job at his hour of reckoning. I sincerely hope that he never loses his innocence and unbridled enthusiasm! O god, please take care of him.


Tailpiece.

It was a poignant moment at Bruno's grave. I'd earmarked some time to be with him despite the hectic schedule. The Labernums have grown taller but none of the flowering plants could be seen because they seem to have wilted in the harsh heat of the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment