Monday, May 13, 2013

A 'walk' down memory lane!

Suresh's house is situated on the road parallel to the Eswara Vilasom road where I'd lived with my grandparents during my childhood. I'd decided to walk the familiar route as part of my early morning routine.

The road is now lined by new buildings on either side and the entire facade seems to have undergone a make over without change in the fundamentals! 'Kalpar'(the short form for Kalyani and Parvathy, being the grandmother's and mother's names of the owner, Thampi chettan), the house that we used to live in, continues to stand majestically in its place, though with a new look thanks to the additions and alterations, done over the years.

As I passed through, two things had struck me, viz :-

        (a) the apparent shrinking of distances.
        (b) the familiar faces of the people in each of those houses, coming into view with remarkable clarity
             and in the clothes that I'd seen them most of the times.......was I hallucinating? Or was I going  
             a time warp?

I'd also entered the 'Krishnan kovil', a temple that I'd frequented many a time and saw that I was in time for the 'deepa aradhana'. There was an agelessness in the aura and I enjoyed the solitude and the spectacle on offer!


Tailpiece.

1. The wedding of Shweta and Sandeep was a grand affair. It was an opportunity to meet people and exchange notes. The venue was aesthetically nice with plenty of parking space.

2. The return drive to Kochi was uneventful though the last stretch of 60 kms was irritating thanks to the hi-beams of the oncoming traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment