Monday, May 5, 2014

A collage of thoughts.

Today's thoughts are but a random collection of what I'd experienced during the course of the day. And so, without much ado, let me begin:-

  (a) The first major pre-monsoon shower.

   Last week when we'd gone to our ancestral house, the entire belt was experiencing pre-monsoon showers
   as never before so much so that it gave one the impression that it was the monsoon itself. Comparatively,
   Guruvayur was devoid of rains and the heat was getting to be very, very oppressive. But past midnight,
   around 2 o'clock, the showers had inundated the place with all its attendant fury. The high temperatures
   had receded and pleasantness had returned, albeit, for a short while. The day continued to have an
   overcast sky all through but the humidity was passable.

   And I'd stayed indoors for the most part of the day!

   (b) My sister leaves for Palakkad.

    My younger sister and family, who were with us for the last couple of days, left for Palakkad this morning.
    After staying there for a day, they'd be off to Delhi to spend a week visiting friends and relatives. They
    were literally rushing towards the private bus stop nearby and managed to board the 'limited stop' bus to
    their destination with hardly any time to spare! And they're blaming themselves for not having got up a half
    an hour earlier!!

    The house wore a deserted and silent look after all the chatter and laughter of the past days!

   (c) A real shock.

    I was on my evening walk and one of the errands was to pick up mom's medicines. During the onward
    trip, I was able to get my pocket watch fixed that was not working for quite a while. As I was reaching
    the outer precincts of the temple, a dignified looking gentleman that I'd come abreast with, started getting
    violent and abusive. It was then that I realised that he wasn't sound mentally as his family that was
    lagging behind - I felt anger rising in me at them for their callous handling of a sick person - was trying to
    desperately beckon him to stop as they caught up.

    There's a thin dividing line between sanity and insanity. May the gentleman collect his thoughts and return
     to normalcy at the earliest!


Tailpiece.

A quiet day when I did nothing. God, how can precious time be frittered away like this and the sad fact is that it's becoming all too frequent these days? 

No comments:

Post a Comment